Ladies! Oh man. I want this blog, whatever comes of it to be nothing if not authentic. It doesn’t get much more authentic than how much I ADORE my family (even through all the chaos)….. but how much I hate to cook. Last week, in my effort to be #1 Wife and Mom, I decided I was going to make this yummy recipe I found through Pinterest from WellPlated.com. In True Mandy Fashion, I didn’t really READ the recipe— nor would I have actually been able to visualize through it properly because that’s just not how my brain works. But anyway– look. what. happened!
I spend my time doing household chores and driving around listening to podcasts, many from women who are sharing their tips to keep life less cluttered….and I’m addicted!! Of all the tips these podcast/bloggers share, there is an underlying theme they agree on: that having a clean kitchen sets a tone no matter what the rest of the house looks and feels like.
So cooking should not make this MORE COMPLICATED! Of course there will be the dishes the family uses to eat off of and something to cook with, but this was crazy. ALSO– the time given for prep is NEVER enough time for me. I almost have to double it every time. As I completed this meal, I kept mumbling to myself…this better be worth it….and continued listening to my podcast.
Once it was in the oven, I got to cleaning up, it finished beautifully and we enjoyed a delicious & healthy meal at the table….2 of us anyway. Kai was with her dad and Colt– “I don’t Waaant that!” *sigh*
By the way, where was Colt in all this you ask?? Well, turns out Kelly got the same itch to be #1 Husband and Dad the very same day. So they were busy playing together…awwwww……That’s the ONLY way this meal was accomplished and not abandoned!
3 things I learned:
- Erin at WellPlated.com has a BEAUTIFUL website with tons of great recipes that are healthy.
- Erin enjoys cooking. This meal was delicious and I (sorta) recommend it. Haha
- I’m a ONE PAN Girl. Crockpot, 3 steps tops…that’s for me.
- And look! Erin has that here! I’ll be trying something from the one pan list next.
- Don’t fight who you are. I’m an amazing Wife & Mom without suffering through the kitchen. That’s not what I love…. and I don’t need more overwhelm and chaos coming from the kitchen 🙂
Please share with me in the comments your cooking tips, meal plan ideas and (one-pot type) recipes you like! We’ll all enjoy this #AdoredChaos life together!